One of my Lamas shared this recently and I think it is a wonderful way to reflect on the reasons why we practice. These “12 Symptoms of a spiritual awakening” are helpful to remind us that as we practice a spiritual practice we should be seeing an increase in happiness in our lives. Take a look over these and ask yourself if you are seeing any in your life, and which ones would you welcome the most? Let us know in the comments! (12 Symptoms of a spiritual awakening after the jump)
12 Symptoms of Spiritual Awakening
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than make them happen.
- Frequent attacks of smiling.
- Feelings of being connected with others and nature.
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation.
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than from fears based on past experience.
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment.
- A loss of ability to worry.
- A loss of interest in conflict.
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others.
- A loss of interest in judging others.
- A loss of interest in judging self.
- Gaining the ability to love without expecting anything in return.